This week Tim and Ben and I teamed up to set up our Arduinos. First we went in the woodshop and cut out wooden stands for our Arduino boards, then we installed the Arduino environment.
For the lab we set up two alternating blinking LEDS. Which can be seen here: http://itp.nyu.edu/~bmy1/video/arduino001.mov
Next we wanted to set up two rows of LEDS so that we could race them. But because we were running low on resisters we decided to use a block LED with rows of lights embedded within it – one switch would control the first four lights on the display, the other the last four – so in a sense, whoever could get the center first would win. We incorporated the two standing LEDS from the previous setup and used the green light to signal go and the red light to signal stop.
Here is a video of our lab: http://itp.nyu.edu/~bmy1/video/battle2.mov