the i ching – or the book of changes – is a classical Chinese text that reflects on the evolution of events. i have tried to abstract the hexagrams of the i ching and imagine them as a moving light sculpture. cold cathode tubes are programmed by an atmel chip. a darling array allows the lights to PWM. the effect is a random cycling through the 64 possible manifestations of the i ching hexagrams.
- My New Website!
- Internet Archive Salon at Gray Area Foundation For The Arts (03/03/10)
- Announcing: Palomar5 comes to Gray Area!
- Seizing Space (via SF Bay Guardian)
- News & Updates from Gray Area Foundation for the Arts
- A Better Market Street
- The Tenderloin Gets a Facelift With Gray Area (7x7sf Magazine)
- Tenderloin Proxy: Temporary Placeholders in Empty Lots
- Camille Utterback, 2009 MacArthur Fellow
- ShiftSpace to talk on Software Freedom Day (11/19)